So I guess everyone has these resolutions but how often do we actually follow through with them? So I decided to make some realistic goals that I can actually stick to, and here they are:
Haha, lasted 2 hours. Thank God that's over.
1. Experiment with different media.
- Use pencils. Sketch well and often and make good use of sketchbooks.
- Play with paints.
2. Get organised.
- Use a diary. Actually use it. Record all work hours, bill payments, post reciepts, print orders, everything.
- Do the dishes before they grow stuff. Which is hard. Because it makes me feel like this:
3. Grow real-life networks.- Go to galleries. Not just attending the ones participating in.
- Maintain friendships.
- Get off facebook & talk to people irl.
4. Be nice.
- Remember, before you say something, think:
T—Is it true?
H—Is it helpful?
I—Is it inspiring?
N—Is it necessary?
K—Is it kind?
...I forget this sometimes.
5. Look after yourself.
- Exercise, if you enjoy it. If not, get into a routine of walking everyday.
- Eat healthily and reward your skin with good nutrients.
- Pick up some work out videos (Note: NEW ones- don't borrow them from Mum.)
6. Go somewhere new.
- Save for a tropical holiday to Bali or Phuket
7. Work harder, have self-disipline.
- Taking time off from study doesn't mean you get a break. It means you have to work twice as hard to make up the effort.
- Do it yourself or it won't get done.
& live happily ever after!
What are your new years resolutions?
Have you stuck to them so far?
Do you have any art-related goals?
I'm interested to know! ♡